Friday, October 3, 2008

So I'm In Quebec

And I don't have a camera. Sorry!!! I promised Irene I'd take lots of photos... not realizing that I that's hard to do without a camera- and the Camcorder the amazing John Lee lent me isn't working 'cause apparently I can't do anything right.

But here in Sherbrooke, it's is beautiful. It's in the Laurentian mountains- so think old rolling hills, trees in all colours of red, orange and yellow. The Sherbrooke University campus is pretty, spacious, and on top of a hill so you can see the rolling vast landscape. Pretty much the oposite from our dear old Ryerson.

When I got off the bus in Lennoxville, the hamlet of Sherbrooke where my motel is located- I got directions form the local Stone Masons. No joke, their lodge was located right next to the bus stop. One guy was even wearing this white robe, and the very short jovial (aka fat) man who gave me the directions had 3 ceremonial swords in his hands. Awesome.

My motel is the kitchies thing EVER. It's all about french fabric patterns, ruffles, and tacky french-paysanne memorabilia. The woman who runs the place has two cornish rex cats that greet you at the door. The affectionate runt one is called COUNT DRACULA. I know- amazing.

In the morning I had the most amazing Quiche au Epinard (but I know there was a lot of leek in there), a real french cafe and the most flaky, buttery, melty croisant. Soooo good. I'm going back tomorrow. They also sell local french cheese.

I'll post more latter.

p.s. there are a lot of French people here.

No comments: