Friday, October 17, 2008

Juicy Couture Adopts Fur-Free Policy!

Hurrah!

It's really awesome to hear when big companies decide to do the right thing.

Now, yesterday I was thinking about things. It's all about morals and values. For all y'all supper conservatives out there, the main and original argument for eating animals according to western organized religions is that in the book of Genesis, God gave us dominion over all the animals. What does that mean? Does that mean we abuse them? Does that mean we exploit them?

In most cases of animal testing, animals are treated horrifically and the tests aren't even needed, or could be preformed in other ways. Once again, this is violence that is preventable. Secondly- WHO are preforming these tests? Who is is that say we need them? I don't believe someone just because they say they are a scientists. I used to live with this one WEIRD ass chemistry student, who for the most part, was in favour of animal testing. He was also on medication for depression, was a big nerd, had few friends, played violent video games non-stop, and never got laid and was sexually frustrated for it.

Why should his opinion be so valid because he wears the hat of science? He wasn't a balanced person over all. In fact, he was a bit of a freak. BUT, as he would claim over and over, he knew better than me, a 'hippie', because he was a 'scientist'.

Seriously? He also worked in a job where he grew all the vaccines and antibiotics we take on CLONED MONKEY TISSUE. I'm so serious. Gross gross gross gross gross...

I've come to the conclusion, or me personally, if Juicy Couture bought solely North American raised, cage free animals that were slaughtered humanely, I would not have a problem with it. I may not wear it, but In some cases fur does provide significant warmth, and can contribute to the wealth of small farmers. However, importing cheap furs from violent slaughter houses is just gross. Not fashionable.

Congratulations Juicy Couture! Way to enforce awesome.

No comments: