Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Armchair Activism....

So, I am passionate about things in life. I think you should be. There is one saying I like:

"Apathy is for Assholes."

The person who views themselves solely as an individual is severely misguided in so many ways. Some people view themselves as a lone wolf, who doesn't need anyone else. Well... wolfs are pack animals. And we're more like ants. I live in a city, and you could compare Toronto to an ants nest really. Thinking you are special and alone is an unhealthy part of the ego.... we all need each other. It's a give an take.

BUT- in this crazy insane busy world, how the FUCK do you find time to help out? How do you squeeze in writing letters, protesting, communication, etc, etc, between school, work, family, chores, and errands? (Not to mention trying simply to get drunk with your friends and enjoy the moment, or maybe perhaps gettin' it on.)

Well... armchair activism is the answer. For the past few months I've been a part of the Avaaz community. The send you emails and if you become a member all you have to do is to hit a few buttons to add your voice to a cause. They've managed to raise millions of dollars for Burma, and put international pressure on China in regards to Tibet.

Here is there really awesome video...



Sing up and be a part of who you are.

No comments: