Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Listener- listen to the history, listen to the present



Listener hits a nerve on what it means to be a North American.

This kind of scattered, fragmented, poignant, pop culture catch phrase, emotional, passionate mash-up style music to me is the zeitgeist of our times.



I think these guys bring story telling, expression and understanding to new heights of music. They seem to be signing to their dying love, America, and are trying to tell her story as fast as they can. We don't have much time left.



Also, for some reason Youtube thought I should watch the video bellow if I was watching Listener. So after it popping up over and over I clicked. It freaked me out an intrigued me a fair bit. I remember learning about magic when I was a kid, about how it mainly worked on distracting the person you are performing the trick on, building tension, and surprise. This creates a "magic" trick, which is basically controlling the viewers perception to make them think what's going on is genuine. I caught a magician once doing this when I was 8. It was at an East Side Mario's in the suburbs. I remember the sad look in the old mans eyes when I told him I had figured it out, forced him to show me the missing red ball tucked away in his had.



I don't like things like this- the beginning is a bit too conspiracy theory for me, but there are too many valid points about False Flags and their use of control towards the middle and end. I read The Prince when I was a teenager, and although I should re-read it, what I do remember was the basics was that the ruling classes were already very aware on how to control populations in the 15th century, and the book was on Political Philosophy. I can only wonder after another 600 years what they learned and practice. I am very open to someone proving this wrong though, it would make me feel a lot better.

No comments: