When I did my thesis, I really got no respect from environmentalists and NGO workers i would try to interview... because I was a designer and a marketer. I encountered many experiences where there was a lack of understanding about what a "designer" is.
This was a video I used to explain what design could be, and what it could give both the environmental and NGO fields.
This is a Coles Note from the Coolhunter:
I asked a woman (who ran a national social awareness campaign against bottled water) what her views on her marketing plan was, and she informed me that because they were an NGO, they were not [evil] markers. This parallels the behaviour business men get to being asked what their CSR policies are. They are not [damn] hippies, they are real business men.
No wonder nothing is changing. Too many people give in to preconceptions and close off their minds to relevant information. Haven't we learned anything?
I am not sure the internet is so much a source for information, but for a way you can blurt out your own thoughts without having to pay attention to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment